Where are your Himalayan Gnawers sourced?
Our Himalayan Gnawers are sourced from the beautiful mountains of Nepal. Gnawers are handmade in small batches using an age-old hard cheese making recipe.
Do Himalayan Gnawers have an odor?
Yes, there is a very faint, but desirable, odor that is reminiscent of cheese. Dogs go nuts over these yummy long lasting treats.
Are your Himalayan Gnawers digestible?
Absolutely! Unlike rawhide, our Gnawers are full of nutrients and are completely digestible. Himalayan Gnawers are high in glutamic acid and loaded with natural vitamins & minerals.
How long will the Gnawer last?
The larger the Gnawer, the longer it will last. Our Gnawers should last for many hours, and sometimes days. However, there are many variables such as the strength and tenacity of your dog.
What do I do with the small end piece?
After you dog has enjoyed most of the chew and there is only a small piece left - microwave it! Place the dry piece on a plate in the center of the microwave and cook about 30 seconds on High Power. If the piece does not "Puff", microwave for another 10 seconds. CAUTION: Microwaved treat will be extremely hot, please allow the puff to cool down completely (at least 2 minutes) before feeding or handling.
What happens if my dog swallows a large or sharp piece?
Most dogs when swallowing pieces of our Himalayan Gnawers, digest these pieces and expel them. However, if the piece of chew is too large, this could result in vomiting or potential blockage as the piece will not have enough time in the digestive system to be able to break down fully before it needs to be expelled one way or the other. Non-concerning pieces are generally small, being the size of a dime or smaller, and we have yet to hear about any issues with sharp pieces causing issues. This also varies however due to the size of the dog vs. the size of the chew. A Great Dane will be able to pass a much larger piece than a teacup Chihuahua would. It is important to choose a chew that is appropriate for your dog. If you have any concerns on whether your dog has consumed too large of a piece, please contact your veterinarian immediately. We always recommend monitoring your dog for changes in behavior including but not limited to: listlessness, vomiting, lack of eating or drinking and lack of bowel movements. We recommend doing what you feel is best for your dog, being monitoring your dog or consulting with your veterinarian. With all this being said, the amount of instances seen with serious injuries have been very minimal and have always been the result of an extremely large piece swallowed - which is never recommended.